The Giraffe Beach Hotel is located at the Indian Ocean on the outskirts of Dar Es Salaam and is the ideal hotel for holidays, getaways, honeymoon destinations with wedding venues, and corporate and NGO groups with conference & team-building facilities. Distance 27 kilometres from the International Airport, 13 kilometres from the City Centre and 3-4 kilometres from the shopping malls. We have a total of 80 rooms: Standard Courtyard view, Standard Ocean View, Courtyard View Suites & Ocean View Suites.
We provide value for money accommodation, a unique pool deck with 2 swimming pools and a self-service restaurant specializing in African cuisine, and ample parking space available in and outside the hotel. Our room sizes start from 25 sq. meters and the majority of the rooms have balconies.
Our rooms are equipped with everything you need to relax and unplug, stay connected, and offer views of the Indian Ocean. Choose from a variety of room types including suites for your upcoming trip. All guest rooms have a non-smoking policy.
Room Facilities: wireless Internet, Flat-screen TV, Mini refrigerator, Tea/Coffee maker, Safe locker, Interconnecting rooms, Wheelchair Accessible rooms and Walk-in showers.
Total Conference/meeting capacity: 700 sq.mts with indoor & outdoor event space.
Swimming pool admission fee for non-guests: Mon-Fri 15,000/- per adult & 10,000/- per child, Sat-Sun 20,000/- per adult & 10,000/- per child.
Facilities: Beachfront location, Outdoor pool, Private beach, Jetty, Multiple Meeting & event venues, Free Wi-Fi, Gym, 24-hour front desk, 24-hour Grab n Go kiosk.
Whether you are looking for relaxation by the Indian Ocean or a suitable place for your event –here you will find what you need. The newly renovated Beach Hotel is only 27 km from Dar es Salaam Airport and therefore particularly easy to reach. Providing 80 Rooms, the Hotel offers enough space for all your guests even for larger gatherings.
Conferences, weddings & Events
Be it a professional event or a social gathering –the Giraffe Beach Hotel is perfect for both. With 1183 sq. meters of total indoor & outdoor meeting/events space, you have a wide variety of venues to choose from. In addition to indoor meeting rooms, we offer outdoor relaxing outdoor spaces. Here you can enjoy some downtime after a business meeting or celebrate an event. The beach is close by and can be easily accessed. It’s the perfect spot to unwind, reflect and enjoy life.
TwigaRestaurant & Bar
Twiga Restaurant is a self-service restaurant located outdoor by the poolside. Immerse yourself in our casual eatery featuring speciality dishes from Africa & around the world, a mix of local and international dishes. Stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and menus of Swahili cuisine including signature Twigamixed meat platter, Peri Peri chicken and beach-inspired cocktails & mocktails.
Timings – 07:00 (07:00 am) to 22:30 (10.30 pm)
24/7 Grab & Go
Grab n’ Go is located at the lobby level of the hotel. Hot & Cold bites, beverages and basic necessities on the go are available.
Timings – 24/7
Why choose us?
- We are located on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
- High-end residential area away from traffic and hustle-bustle, with good restaurants and activities around the hotel.
- Total of 80 refurbished rooms, mainly ocean facing with facilities like Wi-Fi, flat screen TV, Mini refrigerator, Tea/coffee maker, safe locker, open wardrobes, walk-in showers, interconnecting rooms, wheelchair accessible rooms
- A brand new swimming pool with 2 separate pools for adults and children
- Twigarestaurant specialises in African, Indian and International cuisines.
- Completely rebuilt Jetty venue with complete glass walls on all sides offering a 360-degree view of the coastline, available for wedding activities & special events
- 4 beautifully designed conference and meeting venues with modern AV facilities, with a maximum capacity of 150 guests.
- The private party annexe is ideal for cocktails, private dinner events and celebrations.
- State-of-the-art uniquely designed photogenic lobby with high ceilings and sleek wooden finishing
- A modern beachfront hotel with the most affordable rates for accommodation, meals and beverages.
THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN CHECKED OUT BY A VISIT FROM VICTORIA EXPEDITIONS AND WE CAN CONFIRM THE FACILITIES +
- The private beach is kept very clean, with beautiful soft white sand.
- Most guests think this hotel deserves more than a 3-star grading due to its qualities.